Re: Windows Nightlies Installer - Unable to check components for instal

On 2/26/2018 12:58 PM, Andrey Kuznetsov wrote:
> OK, what about the help files? :)

The help files should be installed by the main KiCad installer.  I don't
so those as being optional.

> I agree, the library installer should be provided, you can call me a
> thorough tester but a basic user (otherwise known as complainer ;-P )
> and I don't want to deal with github to get kicad libraries. A 50 year
> old hobbyist will give up on kicad in 10 minutes after not being able to
> figure out where the components are and that kicad appears baren after
> not being able to start designing even a simple circuit without
> reinventing the wheel.

I understand and your reasoning is perfectly valid.  I can't say we can
support every use case due to manpower limitations but at a minimum we
should provide a library installer with all of the symbol, footprint,
template, and 3D model libraries by version tag that installs the
libraries where they normally would be installed on windows.