Re: Mac HighDPI performance

Usually, Eeschema, Pcbnew, etc are links into the KiCad package.  If you
right-click and go to "Show Original", you will get the actual
application.  Get Info there will allow you to select "Open in Low
Resolution" for that application.

-S

> Only KiCad app has Open in Low Resolution Mode, and I already had it
> enabled!
>
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 7:53 PM, Seth Hillbrand <seth.hillbrand@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Andrey-
>>
>> I'm moving this to a new thread so that we don't conflate the OpenMP
>> discussion with this.
>>
>> Can you test running Kicad with the "Open in Low Resolution" mode
>> enabled?  You can activate this by choosing "Get Info" on the main KiCad
>> application and checking the option that says "Open in Low Resolution".
>> You may need to do the same for the other applications (Eeschema, pcbnew,
>> etc) as well.
>>
>> -Seth
>>
>> ​
>> ​
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> So for now I've had a chance to test the motherboard project on my
>>> Retina macbook display.
>>> eeschema: horrible zoom, feels like elastic band zoom and I have all
>>> scroll wheel accelerations and similar disabled, zoom response is super
>>> laggy, cannot work like this, will need to make schematics on windows.
>>> pcbnew by order of slowness:
>>> legacy - pretty slow, zoom lag is major, boo boo
>>> modern (fallback) - decent, but the lag can be felt, zoom lag is minor
>>> modern (accelerated) - almost cannot feel the lag, very nice, nice zoom