Settable clearances

While testing version 5 I realized that clearances are still not settable
(like track width or via size) and my life is going to be miserable if I
have to continue with my current work flow which is to change the default
netclass clearance to the desired clearance constantly as I lay down
different tracks which require different clearances even though they are
part of the some net.

There is a previous thread detailing why netclass is not sufficient for all
use cases. Search for netclass in the subject.

Anyway, I wrote most of a patch today (it's 1am in my timezone now) and
expect to finish it tomorrow. I believe I have a solution which will be
useful for those that need it and mostly invisible to those that don't.

The question is whether there is a core developer willing to check, sign
off, and help sell it for inclusion in 5. (I'm stuck using whatever the
current stable version of kicad is when I'm working)

This is a huge pain point for me and I'm willing to negotiate a small
bounty if that helps.

Follow ups