Re: [fun feature request] Create PCB from schematic with one click :)

I was thinking one level of abstraction higher where I just input my
design requirements and it spits out a schematic, full simulation to
match the design requirements, and a completed board layout.  That would
make my job a *lot* easier. ;)

All kidding aside, I was told by a very highly skilled board designer
not to waste our time with auto-routers because no one actually uses
them except for the simplest designs with lots of free board space and
few or no routing restrictions.  This is someone who uses Altium in his
day job and has laid out far more boards than I have.  I'm guessing
auto-routers appeal to hobbyists rather than professionals.  I've never
seen an auto-router come any where close to how I would route a board so
I never use them.  There are far more useful features to add to KiCad
than auto-routing.  If we ever get to the point we are sitting around
twiddling our thumbs, then we should work on an auto-router.