Re: [fun feature request] Create PCB from schematic with one click :)

One thing that may be of more interest to board designers is an
automatic footprint placement algorithm that minimizes the number of air
wire crossings.  Not so much to place the footprints but to orient them.
 A few years ago someone proposed using a chemical reaction stability
algorithm where the number of air wire crossings were used to determine
the heat between neighboring footprints.  There was even an open source
library that was generic enough to use for our purposes.  I'm not sure
if this message is on the launchpad mailing list or if this went back to
the sourceforge mailing list.