Re: [fun feature request] Create PCB from schematic with one click :)

Am 05.03.2018 um 19:07 schrieb Andy Peters:
I'm guessing auto-routers appeal to hobbyists rather than professionals.

How many questions on forums do you see from hobbyists asking about how to autoroute, or wondering if the results from the autorouter are good?

A great deal of my day job is supporting students working on layouts. Almost every second layout that someone wants advice on is done using the autorouter although they have been told to do it manually.

Since they also ignored all advice and documentation on design rules and component placement, these layouts are a complete mess.

Therefore a feature that I'd like to see is "select all traces" -> "delete all traces" ;-)

All jokes aside: I'd also vote for not investing manpower in autorouting.