Re: Proposed roadmap changes

> Are these users professional users who are using KiCad at there day job
> and is there any way to confirm this?

It's self reporting, but their email domains, LinkedIn profiles and product
listings seem to bear it out

> I am currently surveying that group and will be returning with some
> > recommendations. I'm also asking if they would be interested in telling
> > their stories to the development team when asked as part of the survey.
>
> Thank you for gathering this information rather than having 40 users
> bombarding the developers mailing list.  I appreciate the effort in
> putting this information together.  I'm willing to listen to user
> experience once v5 is out.  I am swamped at the moment and I don't want
> users feel that they don't have my full attention.

No problem! I used to do product management and I recall the competing
interests of what individual voices want vs what is good for the project vs
what needs to be fixed in the immediate future from an infrastructure
perspective. I'm super excited about v5 (and beyond) and I'm happy to help
coordinate community efforts however I can.

If there are other groups we should target on a community feedback level
(hobbyist, academic, enterprise) and people would be interested in heading
up those kinds of groups, I'd be happy to coordinate, either through email
lists or the user forum.

~Chris