Re: [RFC] Dynamic text in schematic and board.

I think option A is a good feature to add across schematic and layout. A
macro substitution system for text is very handy especially as we introduce
a better object properties system.

For example, it would be nice if we could assign arbitrary properties to
the project as a whole, as well as each schematic  sheet. Then, you can
refer to these properties in text fields. Useful for schematic templates
and other things like that.

B is also good.  In Altium you can show/hide any properties of an object,
which seamlessly creates a "linked" text object as you describe when you
choose "show".  This is a really nice system.

-Jon