Re: Why do current nightlies report that they are kicad 5.0.0-rc2?

I have seen multiple users who run nightlies think they have RC2 because
they read "5.0.0-rc2" and stop reading after that :-)
Maybe we should switch the tag back to "5.0-dev" between RC releases?
I think all of us developers are going to look up the git hash anyway to
know exactly when a given version was built, so the "rc2-dev" information
isn't super necessary for me at least.

By the way, it's probably annoying to change this because I imagine there
are scripts that depend on it, but I wish the git hash didn't have a "g" in
front of it, since if I just double-click that portion of the version
string I have to manually remove the "g" before pasting it elsewhere to
look up the hash.

-Jon