Re: Multi-thread crash

Hi Jeff-

The underscore is a macro to call wxGetTranslation().  There's some null
checking there but more importantly, it returns a wxString that will be
valid regardless of the the contents.  If you cast a wxString with no data
to a C string, you still get the valid pointer to the data segment (just
has length 0).

-S