Re: Why do current nightlies report that they are kicad 5.0.0-rc2?

I know what the G means, just wish git describe had an option to disable
it, since it makes copy/paste more tedious.

I think if we had left the tag at rc1, then we'd just have users thinking
they had rc1 when they really have a newer nightly. Better to make a new
tag that doesn't include rcN in it, or at least tries to make it a lot more
obvious that it isn't a RC version despite having those letters in the
string.

-Jon