Re: [RFC] Experimental grid pattern in zone fill

Le 13/03/2018 à 18:24, Seth Hillbrand a écrit :
> Hi JP-
>
> I gave it a spin and definitely like it!  I have been using custom footprints for capacitive
> sensors, but this is much better.  A couple thoughts:
>
> 1) I'd prefer to have the angle saved as a parameter in the file rather than a fixed list of options.

Yes, good idea.

> 2) We'll definitely need to address the polygon issue.  I created a 10cmx10cm board and filled it
> with 45° at the minimum width/50% fill and my computer froze for 2 minutes while it thought about
> it.  Strangely, when I checked it was only using one core, so I'm not sure why the wm froze during
> the calculation.  Maybe some interaction with the graphics card.

Strange.
What is the zone setup?

For basic boards, the fill zone calculation time is not noticeable on my computer.
Noticeable calculation time (a few seconds) happens only for *large* boards.

> If we can't fix the polygons before this, we should probably have a dummy-check pop-up warning of
> long compute times.  The polygons get calculated twice on closing the zone edit window.  Once with
> the cursor showing busy and then again with no indication of work.  This happens again when
> highlighting.
>
> Best-
> Seth

Trying to guess if the calculation time is long is really not easy.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS