Re: Need guidance/hints on accessing list of available pcbnew footprints from python

footprint enumerate doesn't like wxnullstring (see hang below) and it only
looks at one row. No iterator in there. *How do I iterate over the rows?*

note that there is also PCB_IO::FootprintEnumerate (some would call it a
plugin) that behaves different. It's the one used in footprint.i.

void FP_LIB_TABLE::FootprintEnumerate( wxArrayString& aFootprintNames,
const wxString& *aNickname* )
{
    const FP_LIB_TABLE_ROW* *row = FindRow( aNickname );*
    wxASSERT( (PLUGIN*) row->plugin );
    row->plugin->FootprintEnumerate( aFootprintNames, row->GetFullURI( true
),
                                     row->GetProperties() );
}

*But I do see now why it's hanging*. The THROW_IO_ERROR is where things
disappear.

const FP_LIB_TABLE_ROW* FP_LIB_TABLE::FindRow( const wxString& aNickname )
{
    FP_LIB_TABLE_ROW* row = dynamic_cast< FP_LIB_TABLE_ROW* >( *findRow*(
aNickname ) );

    if( !row )
    {
        wxString msg = wxString::Format(
            _( "fp-lib-table files contain no library with nickname \"%s\""
),
            GetChars( aNickname ) );

        THROW_IO_ERROR( msg );
    }

here is findRow() for reference:
LIB_TABLE_ROW* LIB_TABLE::findRow( const wxString& aNickName ) const
{
    LIB_TABLE* cur = (LIB_TABLE*) this;

    do
    {
        cur->ensureIndex();

        INDEX_CITER it = cur->nickIndex.find( aNickName );

        if( it != cur->nickIndex.end() )
        {
            return &cur->rows[it->second];  // found
        }

        // not found, search fall back table(s), if any
    } while( ( cur = cur->fallBack ) != 0 );

    return NULL;   // not found
}

Miles