Re: Feedback on 6.0 work

Hi Jeff,

it looks more clear than the current version.

I would hide the text properties (with the exception of Show) by
default. I don't think many people would change for example the position
or orientation using this dialog. Every text attribute also has its own
menu as well which can be used for editing. Instead use the gained space
to add a footprint preview as it was developed for the symbol chooser.
It's annoying to first click on the footprint row to be able to
view/change it.

Another idea is to think about the "Footprint Properties" as well, while
designing this window. Having an approach which works on both worlds
would result in a more consistent design.

Coulf the widget (tree view + scrolling + add/delete/up/down buttons) be
generalized, so it can be used in other places as well? I especially
think about the "Design Rules Editor" which lacks such functions for
example. "Library Editor" is another place where it would fit.

Regards,
Thomas