Re: Eeschema 6.0 file format / data structure

> On Mar 29, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> As promised, attached are the schematic and symbol file library file formats.  Please note, they are preliminary and need some updates. There was a pretty in depth discussion a while back on the mailing list which you should take a look at so we do not rehash the same discussion unless there is a reason.

One quick comment about the “atomic parts” section in the library format document. It calls out

     (footprint “14-SOP”)

Should we assume the footprint must also include the library from which that footprint is pulled? That is, this line would more likely be:

    (footprint “Package_SOP:14-SOP”)

and of course Package_SOP has to be in the user’s footprint library table.

thanks,
-a