kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Assertion failure in the Symbol Library Editor
I probably should have filed this as a bug report. I'll go do that....
On 04/07/18 22:39, Reece R. Pollack wrote:
I wanted to create a symbol for the Diodes Inc DMN3300U transistor in
my private library name "MyParts". Here's what I did:
1. I attempted to follow the instructions in the eeschema
documentation section 11.4.1 to transfer the 2N7002 part from the
Transistor_FET library to MyParts, renaming it in the process, but
the procedure doesn't work.
2. I decided to load the 2N7002 part from the Transistor_FET library,
export the part as a file in /tmp, then import it into MyParts,
but it also copied the 2N7002 and BSS138 parts.
3. I deleted the imported components.
4. I attempted to revert the change entirely. I got a warning that
reverting was not undo-able, and I said OK. (Everything I care
about is backed up in a GIT repo on a server.)
5. Kaboom! Okay, no kaboom. An "assertion failed" dialog box.