Re: wxPython-gtk3 woes

On 4/11/2018 11:02 AM, Bernhard Stegmaier wrote:

>> On 11. Apr 2018, at 16:40, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>

>>> Last point: Is there a list of issue detected with GTK3 ? Some bugs are
>>> tagged with that ?
>>
>> Not that I am aware of.  Some of the related bug reports may be tagged
>> with gtk3 but I'm not sure.  If not, that would be a good thing so we
>> can start correcting some of them during the v6 development cycle.
>
> AFAIK gtk3 also doesn’t support XOR-drawing?
> So, legacy canvases will probably be as bad or even worse than on macOS…
> at least, regarding performance.

I believe (although I could be wrong) all that happened with regard to
gtk3 is that wxDC == wxGCDC which draws on the advanced
wxGraphicsContext object which AFAIK supports transparency so XOR
drawing should not be an issue.  The perform issue can probably solved
by drawing to a wxMemoryDC first and blitting it to the display.