Re: Fwd: Right to use KiCad name / logo

> "No national law applies" could be either difficult or beneficial for
KiCad in the case of an infringement.

That doesn't prevent CERN's right as an entity to assert trademark claims
in any country where they registered as an entity and claimed trademarks
via applications.

The same way me as an American can go register trademarks in Europe. They
can do the same. The statement on wiki is more related to other legal
jurisdiction issues.

CERN already holds a few trademarks and they have a legal team as they are
quite large....so best to assume they know what they are doing. (Not that
one can't ask other lawyers)