Re: Spate of bugs in global fields editor (aka BOM editor)

Hi Martin,

We’re currently talking about the “BOM editor” rather than the “Fields editor”.  (Click the spreadsheet icon in the eeschema’s top toolbar to get the “BOM editor”.

That being said, I have also wxGrid-ized the Fields editor, which can be seen here: https://git.launchpad.net/~jeyjey/kicad/commit/common?h=6.0&id=9f89aafd0b26d5eb1fd7442663958c16c8885dd2 <https://git.launchpad.net/~jeyjey/kicad/commit/common?h=6.0&id=9f89aafd0b26d5eb1fd7442663958c16c8885dd2>.

My version is a bit different than yours:
1) it supports things like text size, orientation, style, etc.
2) it still runs from the Fields dialog (both in LibEdit and in Eeschema)

Anyway, once we get into 6.0 we might want to look at combining the best features of both.  I definitely like the palette nature of yours.

Cheers,
Jeff.