Re: What are the requirements for the courtyard layer polygon?

Le 17/04/2018 à 13:54, Rene Pöschl a écrit :
> On 17/04/18 13:28, jp charras wrote:
>> Le 17/04/2018 à 13:15, Rene Pöschl a écrit :
>>> If i understand it correctly, kicad 5 will offer a check for courtyard violations.
>>>
>>> Does this check come with requirements with regards to the courtyard layer?
>>>
>>> In particular: Does the polygon that describes the courtyard need to be closed? If not how much
>>> tolerance is allowed?
>>>
>>> Are arcs and circles supported?
>>>
>> The courtyard area must be a closed polygon.
>>
>> * The algo to build the courtyard from graphic items is the algo used to build the board outline
>> (for instance for the 3D viewer).
>>
>> * arcs and circles supported (and converted to segments to build the polygon)
>> * the tolerance is currently hardcoded to 0.01mm
>>

> Thanks for the fast reply.
>
> In that case we will try to limit arcs and circles in the official lib as much as possible as they
> make it hard to get a closed polygon.

Circles do not create issues, because they are similar to a closed polygon.
We usually do not have issues with arcs of 90 and 180 deg, because if the center and the start point
are on the current grid, the ending point is also on the grid.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS