Re: Netlist file extensions

I strongly belief that Mentor PADS 9.x.y...VX.x.y does _not_ rely on the file extension to work correctly.
However it makes loading of the file more simple as file dialogs ask for ".asc" or ".txt".

The header / first lines look important - i.e.:

Netlist:
!PADS-POWERPCB-V9.0-METRIC! NETLIST FILE FROM PADS LOGIC VVX.1.2
*REMARK* P1234-XYZ-2.3.4.sch -- Fri May 06 11:56:49 2017
*REMARK*

*PART*       ITEMS
J1      CON-SAM-FT5-RA-30@CON-SAM-FT5-RA-30
X1      MTG-340-600@MTG-340-600
C1      C-3216M-N/A@C-3216M
C67     C-1005M-103-25V-X7R@C-1005M

Schematic:
*PADS-LOGIC-V9.0* DESIGN EXPORT FILE FROM PADS LOGIC VVX.1.2
*SCH*        GENERAL PARAMETERS OF THE SCHEMATIC DESIGN"

CUR SHEET    12             Current Active Sheet
USERGRID     100    100     Design and Label/Text grid settings

Layout:
!PADS-POWERPCB-V10.0-BASIC! DESIGN DATABASE ASCII FILE 1.0
*PCB*        GENERAL PARAMETERS OF THE PCB DESIGN

UNITS        1              2=Inches 1=Metric 0=Mils
USERGRID     150000 150000  Space between USER grid points
MAXIMUMLAYER 8              Maximum routing layer

Regards,

Clemens