Re: XDG_CONFIG_HOME on all platforms

> Attached is a patch that allows users to have multiple configuration
> paths using the XDG_CONFIG_HOME environment variable on all platforms.

 This will be appreciated amongst the users.

It seems to work on Ubuntu. I applied the patch, compiled and installed. I
made a new dir, set the variable and started kicad with it. It opened as
for the first time and populated the new dir with some conf files and dirs.
Started again without the variable it opened with the old config.

There's still one question: how to use it on Windows? I think many Windows
users don't know how to use env variables, and I don't know how I would
easily set one for only one application instance. It's useless if added
globally, right? Can someone give instructions? I would give them to the
forum readers, there have been much need for this.

Eeli Kaikkonen