Layers widget font scaling

If your screen reports  a height of 900 pixels or less we scale the system-default fontsize for PCB_EDIT_FRAME (but not FOOTPRINT_EDIT_FRAME).

This results in poor readability on at least some MSW systems (https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1767965) and for those with ageing eyesight (i.e. me).

On OSX, it also doesn’t help as the row height is controlled by the checkboxes.  So the list doesn’t actually get any shorter with the smaller fonts (although it does get marginally less wide).

Judging by the screenshot in the above bug report, MSW also doesn’t really benefit from the scaled font: the Render list is still much shorter than the vertical icon bar.

I’d like to remove the scaling on at least OSX and MSW.  Are there any objections, and are there any reasons not to remove it on GTK as well?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Follow ups