Re: [RFC]: New non copper pad paste and mask clearances behavior V2

> Yes, we’re talking about the same thing.  Net clearance only applies
> between items on the same layer: i.e. a track on F.Cu must not be within
> that distance of a pad on F.Cu.
>
> But a track on B.Cu doesn’t have any clearance constraints against a pad
> on F.Cu.  It’s not that aperture pads have no clearance values, but rather
> that non-matching copper layers don’t have clearance values.  And that's
> the way it’s always been (unlike the behaviour of aperture pads which was
> just changed).

OK. But non-copper pads (or non-copper layers in normal pads) don't have
"net pad clearance" at all, even when they collide with another pad's items
in the same layer. And because the other clearance values aren't applied to
aperture pads it would be appropriate to say "clearance values are used
only for pads on copper layers".