Re: Recent dialog layout changes

Hey Jeff,

Generally speaking, there should be a minimum of 5 pixels of padding
between all controls and the dialog frame.  In the dialogs I fixed, all
padding was disabled (wxALL, wxBOTTOM, wxTOP, wxLEFT, and wxRIGHT all
unchecked in wxFormbuilder) so the standard dialog sizer buttons were
slammed against the bottom edge of the dialog on Windows which looked
pretty bad.  It's possible that 0 padding may work on macos and/or gtk
and that is why you didn't notice the issue.  There are subtle and
sometime not so subtle differences in dialog layout between platforms.
I got bit by this myself because I used the grid sizer vertical and
horizontal gap setting to space the controls in the grid sizer instead
of individually padding each control which worked fine on windows only
to find that on GTK there was no padding around the perimeter of the sizer.

As for the entire file being replaced.  My guess is that this is due to
the file eol character differences between platforms.  There may be a
way to tell git to ignore eol characters.  The other thing that could
cause this is that I am using the development version of wxFormbuilder
which I occasionally update so it's possible that the output generated
by my version of wxFormbuilder is different enough to cause the entire
file to be replaced.

Hopefully this answers your questions.

Cheers,

Wayne