As promised a version 4 backport of the version 5.0.0-rc2 libraries has been created

Hi all,

We (the librarians) created a kicad 4.0.x backport of the version 5 libraries.

This backport contains a reduced set of footprints that are compatible with kicad 4.

We also backported the symbol libs (without loss as the current libs do not use any v5 features)

Only limitation of the symbol libs is that some footprint filters do not work. (They include library names) This means the effected symbols are not as useful as they will be in kicad version 5.

The intention behind this is to make the transition period as painless as we can make it.