Re: Symbol field editor dialog improvements

Jeff Young <jeff@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Hmm, I had used git format-patch. Is there something wrong with the
>> patch to suggest that I hadn’t?
>
> On my machine git format-patch creates a multi-part mime message. I’m
> enough of a git noob not to know whether or not that’s a problem but
> when I try to apply your patch (which isn’t multi-part mime) using
> “git am” I get:

Are you sure you mean `git format-patch` and not `git send-email`? My
understanding is that git format-patch just produces a standard patch
file with a git-specific header containing authorship metadata.

> Applying: field editor: Find components when reference field is clicked
> error: corrupt patch at line 21

Hmm, odd. I would expect git format-patch to produce . I'll investigate.

> I agree that the algorithm in your second patch is superior. Do you
> want to re-implement it on the current code, or do you want me to
> change the existing algorithm?

I can take care of it. Thanks!

Cheers,

- Ben