Re: Making adding of additional symbol *-sym-table files more easy and user friendly?

Hello Matthijs,

Am 29.05.2018 um 09:57 schrieb Matthijs Kooijman:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> it seems this ties in what an earlier proposal I did, see this post (and
> the followup discussion):
> https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg33224.html
>
> My proposal was to ship a (fp|sym)-lib-table file along with library
> packages, and then (explicitly) include that from the main table.

this is exactly there I also started while thinking about. And your
proposal is so far exact the same like I wanted to picture out.

> I'm not sure I understand your proposal exactly, but it seems you
> propose something similar, as well as a standard location for these
> tables so they get added by default?

Yep, exactly.

> And, in addition to (not) including a secondary table, also allow
> only including or excluding some libraries from the secondary table?
More or less also true.
In the end the editors should be smart enough to get a knowledge about
were the libraries are laying around once they are found in the root of
the default or the local config folders.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert