Re: python plugin folder misplaced?

Hello Fabrizio,

Am 30.05.2018 um 16:42 schrieb Fabrizio Tappero:
> ​Hello,
> I recently discovered the existence of some useful BOM python plugins in
> this folder:
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kicad/plugins/
>
> Wouldn't be recommendable to have the installer put the plugins folder in:
> /usr/share/kicad/

this depends if the plugin has a binary format or has a platform
independent format.

platform specific code -> /u/l/$platform/kicad/plugins

platform independent code -> /u/s/kicad/plugins

> In this way people might actually find a use these scripts easily.
>
> Additionally, it might be great to have the BOM menu button "Add Plugin" to
> point to /usr/share/kicad/

Well, this wouldn't be LSB conform. Python based plugins which also have
some other usable functions which could be imported into my scripts need
to go to a Python specific folder.
And also binary based plugins need to go to a folder which is respecting
the rules of the LSB.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert