Re: Can the -rc tar be made available on launchpad?

On 06/01/2018 03:35 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> If you are just looking for a source archive, then I can upload one
> launchpad for rc2.  If you are looking for rc2 of libraries, doc, i18n,
> etc, then that is far more involved.

I guess maybe I'm asking for too much, but I'd like to be able to get all the pieces.

A little background - I've just volunteered to help bring KiCad 5 to Fedora and I've been accepted onto that team by the current Fedora KiCad maintainer.  Previously, I've helped out Nick with the Fedora nightly builds, which grab the latest code from git and use git-archive to create the tars.  However, the production Fedora builds want to use tars downloaded from the upstream servers (both launchpad and github in this case).

So, ultimately I'd really like to get -rc2 tars for:

kicad
kicad-i18n
kicad-doc
kicad-footprints
kicad-packages3d
kicad-symbols
kicad-templates

I might live to regret this :-) but can I volunteer to help put the rc2 tars up on launchpad and github?  I don't really know what that entails, but I'm willing to do the leg work with a little guidance.

That way, I can get everything in place and tested, and avoid a long lag before the Fedora packages appear.

	Steve