Another problem with the generic (XML) netlist exporter

We currently export library components the same way we store them (ie: just the root, with a list of aliases).

We do not output the alias descriptions, documentation links or footprint filters.  The missing documentation links are OK since these are copied to the datasheet fields of the individual components; the missing descriptions and footprint filters are a problem for BOM generators.

Since aliases are mainly a way to ease authoring, I propose that we write out a flattened version of the library components — that is we write out a component for each alias.  (We can still list the aliases in the root component for 3rd-party readers that are looking for it.)

Thoughts?

Follow ups