Re: How to help users handle updating from version 4 to version 5 with regards to fp-lib-table handling?

Hi,

Am 22.06.2018 um 04:52 schrieb Adam Wolf:
> Is there any way we can detect if the fp-lib-table is out of sync and
> tell a user at run time?

I'm too seeing this point not only related to the update now from V4 to
V5 and this is completely unrelated to the OS the user is running on at all.

For my rather small local environment it was quite fast to remove the
old file and let KiCad put the new default file in place. But in more
complex installations this doing is very annoying and error prune
because users need to deal with manual reading of content. KiCad needs
some better (automatic) handling here. But not only telling the user
some required update, also doing this in a automatic way.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert