Re: explode an intersection, how to start?

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 9:22 PM, jc <chaujohnthan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would like to explode an intersect, like 2 lines,if crossed, turn into 4.
>

> This can be done easily with a line of command in autocad, 30yrs ago.
>
> I want to mske that happen in 4.0.7. Where should i start?

Start by asking if you really want to do that. Two lines crossing @ 90
degrees is a
no brainer but what about 45 degress? Does the junction have to align to
the snap grid?
Can you disconnect them by deleting the junction. This can be a can of
worms.

Some tools do not allow 4 corner junctions because in the old days of blue
line machines
you could have copies of copies of copies and two crossing lines would blur
and start to
look like a junction. If you see 3 lines then you know there is a
connection but 4 lines
is never a connection.

John Eaton