rc3

I think we are good to go with rc3.  I'm going to tag it tomorrow unless
something comes up between now and then.  Once rc3 is tagged, I would
like to hold off on any commits that are not critical bug fixes.  Since
I will be out of the country all next week for vacation, this will give
users time to test rc3 builds.  If no critical issues arise during this
week, I will tag 5.0.0 when I get back.  If this is an issue for our
doc, library, or translation devs, please let me know.  Once our 5.0.0
builds are ready to go, I will make the stable release announcement and
proceed directly to the pub to celebrate.  We are getting close.  Thanks
again for all of your hard work.

Cheers,