Re: Questions on 6.0 eeschema file format

My guess would be maintainability.
Having some way of sharing parts of different symbols with each other makes it way easier to manage large libs. (Nobody would be forced to use these features but they can make live easier for library maintainers. We could then for example provide a single nmos graphic that is then used in all nmos symbols of the official lib. Reducing the work for both contributors and maintainers.)