Re: 5.1 branch

I was really hoping just to fix the wxDC issues with GTK3 rather than
implement GAL unless Tom implemented a wxDC GAL and that is all we
expose for 5.1.  The primary goal here is to fix the GTK3 rendering
issues so we can enable wxPython support again.  We need to limit our
risk exposure for 5.1.

I'm assuming the printing is a v6 goal.