Re: 5.1 UI feedback

Le 16/07/2018 à 19:57, Jeff Young a écrit :

>> On 16 Jul 2018, at 17:56, jp charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>> Le 16/07/2018 à 18:25, Jeff Young a écrit :
>>> Hi JP,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the feedback.

>>> I’d like to see if there’s some other way to handle lots of nets.  The double-list method was
>>> very hard to figure out how to use (although admittedly very efficient once you did).

>>> Interesting.  I had never used it for that, but I can see how it would be helpful.

>>> My thinking was it was sort of like Page Setup.  I’m not terribly attached to the File menu, but
>>> I'd rather avoid a stumpy menu with just a single item.  Preferences doesn’t fit well either.  Edit
>>> or Tools perhaps?
>>
>> The main toolbar is for me the best choice.
>
> I can definitely agree with main /tool/bar, but your first message mentioned /menu/bar, so I’m not sure
> which is a typo.

Not really a typo, but "Board Setup..." is a menuitem, so I talked about the main menubar
(wxMenuBar) because a wxMenuItem lives is a wxMenuBar.
I am also fine with a tool in the main horizontal toolbar (wxToolBar), as long as the acces is very
easy and obvious.

> In any case, the first item in a menu is actually the hardest to pick (with the second being the
> easiest,
> then the third, fourth, etc.).
>
>> Moreover if (or when) netclasses will take in account the layers and the netclass management is more
>> powerful, I am guessing this setup will be frequently modified, so it deserves a easy and fast access.
>>
>> An other enhancement in this kind of dialog could be to reopen the paged dialog to the last opened
>> page during a session.
>
> Is this not working?  There’s code in there to do that….

Yes it works.
I don't understand why I was in the impression it was not working.
Sorry.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS