Re: 5.1 UI feedback

There is a proposal document from Jon Evans that would add the ability to have more powerful design rule system. It would really be good to keep working on that and getting something similarly powerful added to KiCad.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qvCH9aHwCzp5qtKTna4jJXuloNU0b96gAxAHSKPuXpU/edit#heading=h.ykrpi4h5njn <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qvCH9aHwCzp5qtKTna4jJXuloNU0b96gAxAHSKPuXpU/edit#heading=h.ykrpi4h5njn>

It is not only zones that need different rules than others. It can also be per layer if your stickup has different copper weights on different layers. Very common in high power PCB design, RF or flat rigid flex for that matter.

Cheers,
Piotr