How sophisticated is the bug closure script?

On 07/15/2018 11:20 PM, Jeff Young wrote:
> Hi Orson,
>
> I was asking about the Fix Committed -> Fix Released script (assuming it is a script), rather than the *** -> Fix Committed script.

Frankly, I could not recall how we have updated the bug statuses after
the previous release. This time we used a script, and it should not be
very hard to modify it to filter bugs targeted at a particular release.
It will require some discipline in setting appropriate targets in bug
reports though.

> Although your answer does bring up the question, do we want to setup the Janitor script to handle the 5.1 branch as well, or just do them by hand?

I guess 5.1 will become the master branch soon, so KiCad Janitor will
cope with updating bug statuses when it happens. As far as I understand
we will only have 5.0 and master (aka 5.1) branches in the near future.

Cheers,
Orson