Re: Reminder

Hi Wayne-

Just so I'm clear on how you'd like this to work:

We have a commit that affects 5.0.x, 5.1 and 6.  We could do
1) git checkout master
2) git commit (get <SHA_VALUE> back)
3) git checkout 5.1
4) git cherry-pick <SHA_VALUE>
5) compile/test
6) git checkout 5.0
7) git cherry-pick <SHA_VALUE>
8) compile/test
9) git push

This will get 3 separate SHA (one for each branch).  Or would you prefer us
to use git merge to keep the original SHA with an additional merge commit?
I can see arguments for each but wanted to check which is preferred.

-Seth