Re: Branches

FWIW, as someone who is also maintaining parallel feature branches, I agree
with Orson and John.  Now that we have committed to this 5.1 idea, we
should just make it happen in master.  I think if we keep both master and
5.1 branch running in parallel, inevitably one or the other of them will be
less tested / more broken unless people spend a bunch of time doing the
work of keeping them synchronized manually.  The cost of this doesn't seem
to outweigh the benefit of being able to merge some 6.0 features into
master sooner.