Kicad V4 update chances?

Hi folks!
The macOS build process for V4 was somewhat made of shoe strings and
bubble gum and crossed fingers, and I am not confident that my
hand-tweaked dependencies were reproducible, so the V4 build machine
does literally nothing else but wait for me to tell it to make another
release.

At what point is it guaranteed that we will not need to make another
V4 release?  Now?  I'd love to reuse that machine to do parallel V5
builds, but I don't want to touch it until we *know* we won't make any
V4 releases.

Adam

Follow ups