Re: Component format use cases

Hi,

On 24.07.2018 01:50, Ouabache Designworks wrote:

> What you are looking for is a "workgroup" Kicad needs to form a
> component format workgroup so that
> the interested designers can gather together,discuss the problems and
> come up with a document with
> recommendations to be included in the kicad archives.

I think we already have that, although informally. I'm unsure about the
state of the infrastructure though -- I can always just publish a
document and accept patches, but I remember that there was an EtherPad
somewhere as well, which may be better suited.

> How do we go about setting these up? Reddit might be the best solution
> if we can get buy in from the "powers
> that be" and some people wiling to do some work.

Reddit only has discussions, but we already have the mailing list for
that, so I don't see the benefit there.

Keep in mind that any "working group" will likely be the same ten people
as usual. Getting some ideas and use cases from outside can be useful,
but it needs to be a time limited thing — at some point this will have
to be turned into actual code.

   Simon