Re: Windows Builds

There are probably in http://downloads.kicad-pcb.org/windows/testing/ instead of stable.

Dne 25.7.2018 v 13:51 Wayne Stambaugh napsal(a):
I thought we created a new windows release build to prevent the
assertions.  Did that not happen?

On 7/25/2018 7:01 AM, Andrew Lutsenko wrote:
Were the windows builds ever fixed?
I downloaded 5.0 today and get a wxWidgets assert simply from clicking
on tools menu in Pcbnew.
kicadassert.png
​

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 6:34 AM Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     I'm fine with creating a packaging document.  We could add it to the
     developers documentation or it could also be an external document with a
     link in the compiling doc.

     Wayne

     On 7/23/2018 8:40 AM, Adam Wolf wrote:
     > Agreed, Wayne. The macOS 5.0.0-1 build is uploading right now. It is a
     > Release build.
     >
     > I have a small set of packaging tests I perform on releases before
     > uploading them.  It *really* saved my bacon with the macOS release,
     > and it sounds like it would have been helpful with the Windows
     > release.  What do we think about moving them, along with other
     > packager-oriented updates and directives, into its own documentation
     > section?  This should help build package unity, and also help clean up
     > the the 5.1 and later announcements.  (They won't need to have
     > packager-oriented updates, since that's all in a single section in the
     > docs).  If it seems OK but no one else is excited about it, I
     > volunteer to coordinate this.  It goes along with another V6-timeline
     > KiCad project of mine.
     >
     > Adam
     > On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 6:52 AM Wayne Stambaugh
     <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     >> I would prefer that we create release builds
     (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release)

     <mailto:adamwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> [...]
     download page, please?  I'm running extremely low on sleep from the
     last two nights of KiCad hacking and I am literally in bed already.

     <seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> [...]
     disabled (normally) in Release builds.

     Windows build may be compiled CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
     instead of Release.

     Windows?

     <https://launchpad.net/%7Ekicad-developers>