Re: [RFC] Op-amp symbol icons

On 2018-07-26 06:00 AM, Andrey Kuznetsov wrote:
Hmm, tough choice
[snip]
The reason I kept 6C is because the other icons might only look good in 1px body.

6D looks too close and 6B looks too far, so unless there's an intermediate that'll look good (doesn't matter if it's on the grid or not) then the concession has to be made towards one or the other based again on how the other icons might look.

the images are too small for me to tell which one I would prefer to see in a schematic. I would need to see them in context.

All I ask is that if someone is going to mess around with the symbol for one of the more commonly used schematic symbols that you keep the same size and position of the pins. This will avoid breaking existing schematics. The last time someone changed the R symbol it was made narrower and the two pins of the part no longer extended out far enough to meet up with the wires on my schematics. I had to adjust all the wires going to a resistor to reconnect them.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick