Re: Joy of multi-platform development

On 8/9/2018 12:06 PM, jp charras wrote:
> Eeschema uses accelerator key BkSp (exactly Alt+BkSp) in view menu
> (View/Leave Sheet).
>
> This accelerator works fine on Windows, and generates a warning on Linux
> (and is not shown in menu)
>
> Reason:
> On Linux (GTK?) the accelerator key BkSp, when used in menus must be
> coded as "\t\b" and not "\tBkSp" (and the Alt+BkSp accelerator is \tAlt+\b)
> (\b is the ASCII code of Back Space key).
> However, On Windows, Alt+BkSp accelerator must be "\tAlt+BkSp".
>
> I just fixed this minor issue in commit 78ab5c3f07
> Can someone test this commit on OSX and see if "\tAlt+BkSp" is working?
> Thanks.

The gift that keeps on giving. ;)  Nice catch.  I wonder if the wx folks
know this.  It would be nice if they fixed this one their end.

This is probably the cause of this bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1786113

The fix for this should also be cherry picked into the 5.0 branch.

Cheers,