Re: MSW directory performance patch

Hi Seth,

It’s built on top of earlier changes, namely be1d6113d6a81bc414e06c5d080cc4917f5de1f1.

While that one's quite large, we could hand-edit out the directory-timestamping part.  It’d be a bit of work as we have to move from timestamping the files in the cache to timestamping the files in the directory, and we have to do that uniformly across save, load, and check-cache.

But it could be done.

Cheers,
Jeff.