Differential pair spacing is incorrectly used as clearance to other nets

I reported this as a bug (#1787275) a while ago but Seth doesn't seem convinced that it's a major problem so I wanted to get some more discussion going.
Right now the pns router uses the differential pair spacing as the minimum clearance. This makes loosely coupled differential pairs impossible to route in any remotely congested design (for example, in one board it's forcing 250 um clearance from dp leg to anything else, which makes it impossible to escape a 1mm BGA).
I think that the dp spacing should only be a track to track spacing for DP legs and should not affect clearance checking for anything else, including DP legs to any other track/pad or DP leg to DP connector pad.

Follow ups