Re: Eeschema tool behavior.

Le 21/08/2018 à 15:57, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
> Prior to the release of version 5, the default behavior of the escape
> key when using a tool in Eeschema changed from cancel the current
> operation to cancel the current operation and enable the select tool
> (close the current tool).  Prior to this change, two escape key presses
> were required.  The first escape key press aborted the current tool
> action and the second escape key press exited the tool.  Why was this
> changed?  I don't remember any discussion on the developers mailing list
> about changing this.  Now, every time you abort a tool action (say
> drawing a wire) you have to re-select the tool to resume your work.  I
> would prefer that we change this back to the old behavior.  Before we
> make any behavioral changes like this again, please get feedback from
> the development team.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wayne

Hi Wayne,
I just have a look into it (it affects also Pcbnew in legacy mode)
I am thinking it is a side effect of some change in key event management.
It is a bug in EDA_DRAW_PANEL::OnKeyEvent(): when the ESC key is
pressed, the key is captured, but EDA_DRAW_PANEL::OnKeyEvent() skips
this event, and because it is skipped (should not) a second event is
fired (as usual).

I have a basic fix for that.
I am just trying to understand why in 4.0 there is no problem, with a
similar code.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS