Re: GAL canvas strategy

On 27/08/18 22:03, Jeff Young wrote:
> Are we going to support a Legacy/Modern canvas switch for Eeschema in 5.1?

Hi Jeff,

There's no such option, at least in the code I've written so far. Note
that it's only a change of the renderer while all tools stay the same.
It was justified in the case of PCBnew where we had to develop a set of
new tools that had to be tested against the legacy versions. Since GAL
code is now quite mature, IMHO the risk of replacing wx renderer with it
is much lower than the amount of work required to switch the renderers.

Tom